Not a very wild day today as it turned out. I liked the sound of the arboretum at Howick (and the promised autumn colours) and the rest of the family fancied Alnwick Castle. We all drove over and met at Howick for what turned out be a big disappointment!
I wasn't impressed at all. I only took about 5 photos. There wasn't anything of any real interest in the arboretum. There wasn't a trail to follow, the trees were not well labelled and it just looked like nothing was maintained or well looked after. We didn't even bother walking around the gardens after seeing the state of the so called arboretum! This single tree seemingly was the autumn colour, aside from a few beeches along the way!
The rest of the family went to Alnwick Castle after that. I'd not felt inclined to visit the first time I was here, a few years ago and didn't think it would be worth it now, so I went to Barter Books and spent a couple of hours in the natural history and natures sections! The rest of the family met me there later and said Alnwick Castle had been an overpriced disappointment, which is what I had suspected.
Barter Books of course didn't disappoint and I showed remarkable restraint in leaving with only two books!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)