Pages

Saturday, 29 October 2016

Wild October : Day 24

I left the house around 11am today (after packing and cleaning!) to drive to Kielder Water for a few days so between then and 8pm, I was mostly driving but I had decided to take the M6 / east side route up and call at RSPB Leighton Moss on the way - it's a reserve I've not yet visited but have wanted to for some time.

I arrived at about  1:40pm but spent an hour in the cafe where I enjoyed Mediterranean vegetable pasta and some St Clement's cake. I didn't have a great deal of time to linger here but I did walk down to one of the hides, spotting various birds along the way (no bearded tits though sadly!)














In the garden area just outside the visitor centre, I liked these tiles that decorate the walls...






Before I left, I climbed the 'Sky Tower' which looks out across the reed bed and over towards Morecambe Bay. From up there, I zoomed in on an egret and caught it eating a fish.




Definitely a reserve worth the trip for a return visit at some point as I'm sure there's a lot more to see than I saw in my hour or so between lunch and heading on.





2 comments:

  1. Definitely need a full day for a visit to Leighton Moss, especially if you want to visit both bits, all the hides and have time to sit in them watching stuff. It's a big place! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... I was supposed to leave home a bit earlier and I was a little delayed on the way too so I didn't have as long there as planned. Still thought it would be worth a stop though and it was.

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...