Pages

Monday, 17 October 2016

Wild October : Day 16

I didn't have a lot of time today but in the afternoon, long after the heavy rain had moved over, I headed Homewards and had a wander in the village churchyard (this was the nearest village to my childhood home). I didn't set out intending to spend half an hour here, I'd set out without a plan (as is often the case!) and this is where I ended up.


I found some orange hawkweed still flowering 


and stood by the yew for a little while, listening to the branches creaking in the wind



and, of course, enjoyed the views towards 'my' rocks, the landscape where I grew up :)



The sunlight was strong and the colours so rich in this corner of the graveyard


Before I left, I admired some favourite trees, Swedish Whitebeam, which have already lost most of their leaves.













2 comments:

  1. It is so beautiful there. Thank you for sharing your lovely photos with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...