Pages

Friday, 19 June 2015

Day 19 - A walk along a track

On Day 19 I took a short stroll along an old railway track.


I was a bit stuck for ideas today but then made a spur of the moment decision to walk along this track (a there and back walk) on my way home.


I spent about 35 minutes there, looking at all the flowers growing alongside, bug-spotting and listening to the birdsong and the wind rustling in the trees.

fly on meadowsweet

goosegrass

red campion

cow parsley

A type of cinquefoil or maybe a yellow flowered strawberry (a quick photo, should have checked the leaves!)

bush vetch

greater spearwort

red clover

ox-eye daisy

field speedwell


As I walked along the track I had one eye on the leaves ready spot bugs... I saw a moth through a gap in the leaves and a few steps later realised I'd also seen very long antennae so I went back to see if it was the moth I thought it was ...


It was! It's a common moth, but one with really long antennae (about 4 times the body length I believe)  - the yellow barred longorn. My close look through the leaves disturbed it and it flew away, but I managed to see where it landed in a silver birch tree and a combination of zoom and pulling the branch down closer (carefully!) enable good views.


speckled wood butterfly


greater stitchwort (and goosegrass)

snipe fly







hawkweed

I have a bit of wildlife watching planned for the weekend so I don't know how much time I'll have to write or read blogs in the next couple of days. I'll have to catch up on Monday if I don't have time over the weekend!

Hope you have a great (and wild!) weekend.





7 comments:

  1. What a great place for walking. Super photos Louise, is that with your new camera?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all these were taken with the new camera.

      Delete
  2. What a lot you saw in your 15 minute stroll - the photos are wonderful especially all those wildflowers:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are exquisite photos! What luck to catch the moth with monster antennae!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos particularly of the robin - your new camera is great! The antlers on the moth are amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rabbit warren like meeting of trees in one of your photographs like a tunnel ~ how lovely!~ such a beautiful walk... i made sure i packed in lots of walks too ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe the yellow flower is a wood aven. Thats a great Moth pic. Your new camera is great indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...