Pages

Thursday, 25 June 2015

Day 25 - A Walk Through a Hay Meadow

I've had a really busy day (a busy week in fact!) so what I wanted to this evening was curl up and go to sleep but 30 Days Wild Day 25 was calling...
 

Today's activity was very similar to yesterdays - another wildflower walk, but this time I walked in a hay meadow with Staffordshire Wildlife Trust. Rod Wood is Staffordshire's Coronation Meadow and although I  have been to Rod Wood a few times before, I've always visited just before or after the flowers are looking good!

I didn't go along to learn about wildflowers specifically (as I'm fairly ok with that myself) but just to find out a bit more about the reserve - where the footpaths are, the boundaries and such - as in the past we've struggled to find where the paths are (we've been when things were very overgrown and couldn't find our way once) - basically, I wanted to have a bit of a guided tour! The Wildlife Trust team were great though - very knowledgeable and informative.

I didn't take many photos (for a change!) as the light wasn't great and the views were much the same along the walk, but I really enjoyed the evening out discovering more about this reserve and the species there.






I know the focus is terrible here but I quite like it anyway, if I ignore that main out of focus splodge!
A good variety of grasses.




There were quite a few different moths flying around including lots of Chimney Sweeper moths...


eyebright

Hopefully I will have chance to return here soon - it's a good place for grasshoppers and other bugs :)  I always see loads when I visit Rod Wood in summer!




7 comments:

  1. Super photos, a nice meadow that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love meadows! This would be right up my street!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely meadow. You could sit in one spot and spend hours there just identifying everything within eye shot - perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely meadow - great photos, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, the meadow looks so pretty - I always enjoy spotting all of the different wildflowers there. Lovely photos Louise! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a full meadow of flowers, so nice to see.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a beautiful meadow. And I loved the Chimney sweeper moths. Never seen one before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...