Pages

Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Day 2 - Wild Wind

Oh so windy out there on Day two of 30 Days Wild! I don't like wind... I am always reluctant to go out in it as it irritates my eyes, tangles my hair and, well, I just don't like getting blown around... but this wind was a 30 Days Wild wind so, as I needed to head outdoors for something, I decided if I couldn't beat the wind I'd join it and I went up high!


I went Home for an hour and wandered amongst the trees then up to the top of the rocks (but not to the highest point) where the wind was so strong I was nearly blown over! I struggled to stand up at times!

As usual for me, I took lots of photos and I made several videos too which I've included here - of the wind at different locations... in the woods lower down, up on the rocks and rushing across the water in the pool.

My favourite part of the afternoon was watching the water being blown in the wind... sort of like a starling murmuration in watery form! The worst part of my hour outdoors was the wind in my eyes and coming home with a birds nest of hair I've now got to do something with! I had a pretty good time out there and skipped back down to the car - exhilarated and invigorated!

I checked in on the peregrines too while I was there... three fluffy chicks :) I'll re-visit another day to take some photos of those.

Here are some of the photos and videos (I promise not all my 30 Days posts will be so photo-filled!) I took whilst I was out. This place is where I grew up, I lived here until I was 23 (and have wished I lived here still every day since I moved a few miles away!). It's a beautiful landscape and was a truly wonderful area to grow up in!










I really thought the rain was on its way in from Cheshire and expected to get soaked, but it never came, it just got sunnier over me!








I'd decided the pool was as far I was walking today so I stopped here for ten minutes or so and watched the movement of the water as the wind raced across. I liked it so much I made videos from several angles!
































I could hear some cheeping coming from this crack in a rock... I think there are some little birds in there!







I'm short on time this evening as I'm heading out for dinner with the ladies I worked with at my previous school, but I'll catch up with other 30 Days Wild-ers as soon as I have chance, hopefully tomorrow!




8 comments:

  1. What a super walk, that is truly a beautiful place! Great photos Louise, there could never be too many of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos - I can see why you love it so much there. Enjoyed the video of the wind on the water - I'm surprised you could stand up or even hold the camera straight! Intrigued as to what was making the tweeting noises in the rock too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lovely!!! I'm really worrying about how I can do it, it is really hard in a suburban place. D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, yes I have done two of your ideas yesterday and today bit literally only for 5minutes, thanks for the ideas, will try to do the flower thing. I thought is share 5butterflies with the KS2 kids in singing assembly tomorrow so they can name ones they might see where we live thanks to reading your first post ideas. I wish I.still had the tree, flower identification book we had when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, looks like a wonderful place for a windblown walk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos, the blue sky makes it look like a warm sunny day!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow amazing scenery. Are those rocks featured in the Pride and Prejudice film starring Keira Knightly? That was a very windy walk indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are not the rocks in Pride and Prejudice. The rocks used in the film are Stanage Edge.

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...