I got home around 3pm and found two nature-y magazines on the door mat so I did think I might sit in the garden and read them for a bit but as I read in the garden on Wednesday that would have been cheating!
Instead, I decided to head into town and explore the park - somewhere I haven't been for years! I picked up the magazines as I left too.
I spent just over an hour in the park and was pleasantly surprised. I very rarely visit parks as I expect them to be too busy with dog walkers and children, plus I thought there would be litter and dog poo too. There were some youths skateboarding and I saw quite a few dog walkers but dog poo and litter were minimal and I was pleased to see a few areas left a bit more wild.
| bistort and buttercups |
| mousear? |
| greenfinch eating daisies |
| speedwell and ribwort plantain |
| cuckoo flower |
| sheep's sorrel |
and had a look in the leaf littler
Then sat under a beautiful field maple for a little while
and had a flick through the magazines which had arrived. As I'd wandered through the park to this spot I'd noticed loads of sticks on the ground so collected a few (hence the little pile) to take home - I can use those another day this month.
I heard a great spotted woodpecker too, amongst other birds.
The sky was grey and it was quite windy. I thought the heavens would open on me any moment the whole time I was in the park, but the sun is still shining now!
There were lots of branches and leaves down after wind this week.
| an oak currant gall I think |
| meadow bug nymph |
| dock leaf beetle threesome! |
So that's the top row of my wallchart complete! I've loved being 'forced' outdoors on three occasions when I wouldn't have done anything if it wasn't for 30 Days Wild. I don't yet know what I'm doing over the weekend... I make it up as I go each day!


Nice photos Louise and well done for making it to the park this evening. I must admit dogs, litter and too many people often put me off visiting local parks. You made some good finds there today, cool.
ReplyDeleteLovely park. I've been making it up as I go along too. I thought I'd be able to plan more but it just doesn't fit around working. I am a bit concerned that I'm going to run out of quick things as the month goes on though. I love how you've decorated your chart. x
ReplyDeleteYes, I feel the same! I've used up 'read in the garden' far too soon, and the barefoot one too! It is so hard to plan anything between work, life and of course weather... but I'm optimistic all of us taking part can inspire each other a bit and steal each others ideas, haha!
DeleteGreat photos and lovely park. You found so many interesting things, Louise - it has been a struggle to find something for each day, I've been working one day ahead of myself until today now what can I do?:)
ReplyDelete