Pages

Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Day 23 - An evening walk along the canal

Day 23... another busy day with work and taking my grandmother shopping then for an appointment...


I was struggling and didn't think 30 Days Wild was going to happen, but after a bit of time catching up on things at home, I had the brilliant idea to go out for a wander alongside a nearby canal - somewhere I haven't walked for ages.  It was a really lovely evening to be out - I'm glad 30DW made me go outdoors!


The gravelly path looks new-ish... last time I walked along here it was just a grassy path, with a worn away narrow footpath along the middle (which I much preferred).




There were a few Canada goslings (and their parents)


And a moorhen possibly about to steal a boat!



Someone has a peaceful place to sit of an evening...


Oh look, a rope swing...


Don't mind if I do!


It was a lovely evening and there was a lot of birdsong as I walked...


An amber snail




soldier beetle, about to fly!






This pretty home has a house martin nest - they nest here every year and were flying around this evening but I didn't manage a photo.










A beautiful evening to be outdoors! I'm glad I made the effort.



4 comments:

  1. Super photos Louise, looks a lovely place for an evening walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks a lovely walk, Louise and a fine evening too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like canal walks because of the lovely reflections you get in the still water and being to nosy at the gardens :) I'd have jumped on the rope swing too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was well worth taking a walk. Such beautiful pics. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...