Pages

Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Day 3 - Reading in the Garden

Day three was a quick and simple activity...


I spent half an hour reading in the garden. I'd have liked it to be have been longer, but I had other things to do sadly!


I sat down and read a little but kept being interrupted by birds flying by or the little ants, spiders etc climbing aboard!


Whilst I was out I saw and/or heard house sparrows (lots of those, nesting in the hedges), chaffinches, greenfinches, blackbirds, crows, jackdaws, goldfinches, a wren, a robin, a song thrush and a coal tit.

Before I left the garden, I had a quick look what was growing - mostly yellow things at the moment! Buttercups, birdsfoot trefoil, hawkbit, plantain, speedwell, daisies plus clover, moss and other tiny things...

















6 comments:

  1. Nice post Louise, great photos. Sounds like you spent a great half hour reading in the fresh air surrounded by many different birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing how much wildlife you can see by just staying in the same spot for half an hour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I've actually ended up doing two things today, one of which was this! My kids LOVED the butterfly assembly feature!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think reading in the garden will be one of mine at some point. I wish my garden had as many visitors as yours though. Envious of all the flowers in the lawn - so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes it is getting warm enough now to sit in the garden and read. So lovely to sit in the fresh air and listen to the birds in the background as you read:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos of the flowery lawn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...