Pages

Thursday, 4 June 2015

Day 4 - Grass beneath my toes

Thursdays are the most difficult day for me to go out to play - work in the morning, then washing and cleaning day (which takes me a long time as I'm so particular!) so I didn't manage to actually do a specific wild thing today, but just did what I always do!



The first thing I do whenever I get home is take off my socks - whatever the season - as my feet like to be free! I love wandering about in the garden barefoot (I do that in all seasons too!) so today I spent the afternoon going in and out to the washing line, walking across the grass with my bare feet and stopping to watch the birds and look for insects in the garden.  I didn't take many photos today for a change.



At this time of year I always have to shake bugs off the washing before I bring it in - today I had 3 devil's coach horse beetles on my sheets - I've not seen one of those for ages, so three at once was a nice find! There were other beetles and bugs too. Indoors, I found two zebra spiders sitting on different walls (there's a nest of these right outside my bedroom window, and I frequently find baby ones on the sofas upstairs), a tiny blue flea beetle (which I took outside) and several little house spiderlings too. I left all the spiders where they were - they find there own way out when they're ready.

flea beetle
I see lots of these green/brown ground beetles on the path outside

Hopefully one day this month I'll have time for some proper bug hunting (I'm the kind of girl who keeps a sweep net in the boot of my car and a bug pot in my bag!) and there will be plenty more barefoot-ing for sure!







6 comments:

  1. Ha, this is also one of mine! I had a lovely 30 days wild experience today although I think my Landlord now thinks I am a weirdo! It was very calming! I will be posting mine at the end the week since mine are quite small experiences so I am going to put them in one!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking barefoot is on my to do list. For me though, it's because it's not something I do very often. Love the dandelion photo, you've captured so much detail. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good random act of wildness Louise. I plan to do this one with my daughters at some point during June too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos, Louise it certainly was a perfect day for walking berefoot outside:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's summer when my feet come out ! Lovely post..
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...