Pages

Sunday, 2 October 2016

Wild October : Day 2

I decided this morning that today was the day to finally go to Jodrell Bank - I've wanted to go for a while as it's been quite a while since I last visited.


I love the telescopes and the science, but that alone isn't the main attraction for me here. My favourite thing about JB (aside from the Lovell Telescope!) is the gardens.

I spent a couple of hours in the gardens and arboretum on the site. Lots of autumn colours appearing, crunchy leaves to scuffle through and a lot of wasps and dragonflies flying around too.

I'm short on time this evening so I shall let the pictures do the talking. I don't think they need many words to be honest! 



The hornbeam mentioned on the info board above




































As  I was heading back towards the entrance from the gardens I kept hearing a raven but couldn't spot it. When I reached the visitor centre, I realised it was at the top of the tower below, by a couple of satellite dishes.


There were two of them :)


On the way home, I saw a polecat! Unfortunately I only saw a polecat because it looked like this...


I saw one dead on a Staffordshire road a while back but really doubted myself when I thought it was a polecat as I wasn't sure if there were any around here. This one was in Cheshire and I know they've been found on roads in Derbyshire too so I guess today I've confirmed for myself that there are polecats in the 'three shires' area around me :)





2 comments:

  1. This looks like a lovely place for a walk and a wander, and those shots of the bees around the hive are lovely. Love all of the different types of mushrooms you saw as well, they're one of my favourite sights come autumn. Great news to see a polecat, though it was unfortunate it was dead, however it's a good sign they're in the area! I've never seen one! Also, same here with the 365 photos - sometimes I spend a good hour commenting and other times I can just about upload, so don't worry. :) - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Polecat!!!!! So cool you have them in the counties though! Those gardens look a really pleasant place to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...