Make room for nature every June with The Wildlife Trust's 30 Days Wild, no matter where you are or how busy your life!
Complete A Random Act of Wildness every day for the month... anything that you can do in an average working day to bring a little nature into your life.
Find inspiration at http://mywildlife.org.uk/30DaysWild/
I'd decided to have a walk in Padley Gorge as I was heading that way anyway this afternoon. After a very wet morning, I was expecting to be walking in the rain, but the rain started to clear around 1, just as I was about to start walking and then there was some lovely light as the clouds cleared through the afternoon.
There's a lot of water flowing in Burbage Brook at the moment.
There are plenty of autumn colours around, but in Padley Gorge, the predominant colour is still green. I'm usually a little later in the season when I visit in Autumn. Padley is worth a visit at any time of the year though.
Leaving the gorge, I head up through Yarncliff Wood and on to the Longshaw Estate
view towards Higger Tor
Dusky puffball
There was a kestrel hovering nearby whilst I sat outside the cafe
Looks a lovely walk. Will look this place up x
ReplyDeleteSome very nicely composed photos today. Padley Gorge is a wonderful little area.
ReplyDelete