Pages

Sunday, 6 October 2019

Wild October Day 6

I have to cheat today and count work!

I was doing a couple of birthdays at head office, near Rugeley. This meant a 10-5 day plus an hour of travel at either end of the day too, so I was out of the house 9-6ish and too tired to do anything after work.

We have a two tipis at the moment for delivery and storage due to recent building works at HQ, the new classroom isn't finished yet.

I don't like working weekends when I have work in the week as well but on the plus side, it's another day of work for this month (I already miss regular hours and income!)  and I was working with lovely S, who was my fellow Forest School Officer this year, until our project funding ended, so it was nice to catch up and work together again. We had a half hour lunch break and chose to sit outside at the cafe on site and get in a daily al fresco cuppa.


We delivered a fairy birthday party for a 5 year old and 16 friends this morning which involved nature crowns, wands and magic potions and finding some fairies and gnomes.

In the afternoon we did a Wildlings party for a group of 4 years olds which is more free play based, involving hammocks and swings, sensory / natural play, clay, the mud kitchen and the mud pit (great fun was had jumping in that!) plus toasting a marshmallow on the camp fire.

I found a bit of fungus whilst putting up the hammocks.



Action shot of my hammock test!



I toasted myself a couple of marshmallows too.


Mud kitchen aftermath (this is a third of it as it's a rather large U shaped mud kitchen!)...



A good day of outdoors fun, but for S and I, quite a tiring day. Neither of us have a fitbit or step counter thingy but we often think we should get one; we really do clock up some miles through work, carrying kit back and forth and walking between offices and outdoor sites!

I feel like I've totally cheated at Wild October today, counting a day I was being paid to be outdoors; a day I had to go out, but you know, a 9-6 day on a Sunday is a bit rubbish really haha. I have to earn money whilst I can though as sessional work diminishes over winter.

I'm feeling very tired this evening after a whole day of work and fresh air  💤💤 (and I have work tomorrow too - and Tuesday and Wednesday!)


2 comments:

  1. It's not cheating! It's a part of who you are and what you do so it definitely counts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seventeen 5-year-olds! Now that's what I call really wild!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...