Pages

Thursday, 3 October 2019

Wild October Day 3

I formed a plan for today after watching the weather forecast last night, which suggested there would be sunshine very early, but cloud moving in by 8am (which is exactly what happened).

I decided I'd head out early and watch the sun rise, taking a cup of tea with me to get in a my 'daily al fresco cuppa'.

An added bonus was that it was frosty again and as I was out early, I was able to take some frosty photos which means I've ticked off (and photographed) enough 'Get Wild Challenge' activities now to claim by badge next time I go to head office!

I took my brew and wandered up to Ramshaw Rocks...



There, I sat and sipped, watching the changing light as the sun rose.



I was so glad I'd thought to grab a pair of gloves on my way out. It was very chilly!




I retook a few photos as the light changed.








I'd been watching the mist over the reservoir, slowing starting to disperse.





That was as much of the sun as I saw all day, the forecast cloud moved in right on schedule!






Of course, I was tempted down to the reservoir too, to catch the last of the lingering mist. I'd only intended to be out for an hour, just to catch the sunrise and drink my tea, but I ended up out for two and a half hours :)










Did you get outside today?










2 comments:

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...