Make room for nature every June with The Wildlife Trust's 30 Days Wild, no matter where you are or how busy your life! Complete A Random Act of Wildness every day for the month... anything that you can do in an average working day to bring a little nature into your life. Find inspiration at http://mywildlife.org.uk/30DaysWild/
Thursday, 31 October 2019
Wild October Day 31
A full day of work today. Working on Home ground in the Peak District with views like this was just the antidote I needed after a few days in London! 😊 .
Today I worked with a lovely group of autistic children in the Peak District. We did river dipping and caught a small fish, stonefly nymphs, flattened mayfly nymphs and swimming mayfly nymphs. We also made bird feeders, skimmed stones, built dens, relaxed in hammocks, toasted marshmallows and made campfire popcorn.
I'm counting work for this last day of Wild October as I had a 9-5 day but to be honest, it was such a lovely, relaxed day it really didn't feel like work!
Labels:
autumn,
garden,
river,
Wild October,
wildplay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







I've enjoyed reading your wild October! :)
ReplyDeleteI've just passed a very pleasant hour or so reading your wild October. I always enjoyed working with autistic children, though it's very difficult to explain why. But autism seems to be like that, some people "get it" and others just don't, though somehow it escapes being put into words.
ReplyDeleteHope you are well! Your blog always inspires me!
ReplyDelete