Make room for nature every June with The Wildlife Trust's 30 Days Wild, no matter where you are or how busy your life! Complete A Random Act of Wildness every day for the month... anything that you can do in an average working day to bring a little nature into your life. Find inspiration at http://mywildlife.org.uk/30DaysWild/
Saturday, 19 October 2019
Wild October Day 19
Today I walked at Dimmingsdale, close to Alton Towers as I hadn't walked there for a while (I'd guessed two or three years but my photo archives tell me it's been four and a half years since I last walked here!).
On the horizon above you can see the towers at Alton Towers
I found huge oak leaves!
Lovely mushroom spotted in a garden I walked past...
Some kind of bolete I think.
As I walked along the path, I almost walked into a little slug dangling on a thread! I didn't get a clear photo as it was swaying too much on the breeze!
I ended with an autumn spice hot chocolate at The Ramblers Retreat... watching the birds amongst the trees.
Sadly I couldn't drink the hot chocolate though. The autumn spice flavour was nice but chocolate was so sweet and powdery it wasn't good. I also had some cake and that was really bad too. This was my second visit to this particular cafe and I wasn't impressed the first time so a big thumbs down for this cafe for me!
Bad hot chocolate aside, a lovely five mile walk :)
Labels:
autumn,
fungi,
Staffordshire Moorlands,
trees,
walk,
Wild October,
woods
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nice walk, shame about the hot chocolate x
ReplyDeleteIt looks lovely, as do the cafe grounds but what a shame your experiences with it haven't been good.
ReplyDeleteLooks a lot more enjoyable than Alton Towers! Pity about the hot chocolate, though it would have to be pretty awful for me to leave it.
ReplyDelete