Make room for nature every June with The Wildlife Trust's 30 Days Wild, no matter where you are or how busy your life! Complete A Random Act of Wildness every day for the month... anything that you can do in an average working day to bring a little nature into your life. Find inspiration at http://mywildlife.org.uk/30DaysWild/
Wednesday, 2 October 2019
Wild October Day 2
This afternoon I spent an hour in a local wild place I've never visited before...
I sat on a bench and was joined by three common darters!
There were lots of alder leaf beetles...
and plenty of alder leaves for them to munch on!
I watched a spider wrapping a meal...
and there were various species of fly around
as well as lots of grasshoppers!
That was an hour well spent. I wouldn't have visited this spot today were it not for Wild October.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It looks like a good place to visit, hopefully you'll be able to explore further :)
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing what you see if you look close enough x
ReplyDelete