Pages

Sunday, 27 October 2019

Wild October Day 27

Camden Market was the plan for today (not my choice, I hate shopping and crowds!) so today's Wild October activity was walking from the apartment in Islington, along the Regent's Canal to Camden.

Along the way, I mostly saw runners and cyclists, but there were also trees, berries and a pair of cormorants and the odd bit of fungi.

After escaping the market, a look at a map revealed that Regent's Park wasn't too far away so I wanted to walk further along the canal to wander in the park (squeezing as much wild as I could out of today!).

I'd covered 11 miles on foot by the time I got back to the apartment.















a daily al fresco cuppa in the form of chamomile tea


Someone had left some bread in a bag here so there was a flock of birds clustered around it and as I got closer, I realised there was a heron amongst them. Rather tame, not bothered by all the passing people, just joining the gulls and pigeons to feast on the bread.


I picked up the carrier bag left of the photo, along with another and the bread bag from near the tree and put them all in the bin just a few feet away (when the birds had emptied them of course).












I'm so ready to go home now! I've spent a day and a half in London now which was, I now realise, more than enough. What was I thinking, coming for a few days?!!  Honestly, arriving at Euston Station yesterday right as three trains (I think) spilled their passengers into the station, was enough to make me want to just get on the next train north ... sadly I'm wholly reliant on being told which train to get and where to go here... as a person who never had the option for public transport, I'm not au fait with it at all and London... well, London is a whole other country, I've no chance of understanding the underground and dealing with all the people!




1 comment:

  1. The difference between where you live and London is stark! I realise when I go on holiday that am not into city breaks, I much prefer to go somewhere rural- so much nicer! You managed to see some lovely sights though. I used to work round the corner from Regents Park and I used to spend my lunchtimes walking round it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...