I did have a day off today, but it was cleaning day (I like to deep clean my house once a week and I missed last week due to work and an overnight stay in Sheffield)... It takes me a full 8 hours to clean the whole house to my satisfaction so I didn't have time to get outdoors properly, but I did drink a cup of tea in the garden.
This was a cup of the chai tea blend I made myself on a workshop back in June (it tastes pretty good!). I sat outdoors in wellies and pyjamas (comfort over style!) for a bit but also had wander in the garden. I found a random wild strawberry growing right in the middle of the grass (no idea where that will have self seeded from!).
All my grand plans to get the garden sorted soon after moving went out of the window as life has been so busy since I moved with redundancy then full time casual work, then my forest school contract and now, I'm still keeping busy with sessional work. That really hot summer of 2018 didn't help either... I couldn't do anything in the garden then as it was too hot to be outdoors for me! So, the garden is a mess and doesn't look very nice in these photos, but it's full of insect life which enjoys the untidiness (making it harder for me to entertain the idea of finally doing something with the garden.. a lot of insects will suffer!).
I need help and inspiration... a mini digger and a volunteer work party... I know what I want from my garden but getting started is hard. One day :)




The trouble with gardens is that the work is never done.
ReplyDelete