Wildings on the Roaches was my work for today. The day started out beautifully and we set up and were hopeful of a dry session, but it wasn't to be! 15 minutes after the session started, it rained. Quite a lot. Everything got soaked, only 1 little person came to play and we ended up packing away early and having to take a load of wet kit back and lay it out wherever we could find space for it to dry. You win some, you lose some!
As I was already wet and windswept, I decided to head back out on to the rocks for a post work walk. I had a bad headache and was hoping a walk in the fresh air would cure it (it didn't, I still have a headache now).
The rain had passed over when I set out for my walk but I was fully expecting another downpour to roll in across the Cheshire Plain (on the Roaches you can see the rain coming well before it reaches you - today I managed to get one hammock down and put away before the rain arrived, so one less thing to dry!).
The rain didn't return though, not until much later in the afternoon. It was mostly sunny for my walk, but with lots of dark clouds passing over quickly. It was very windy!
There were moments, as I stood on the edge, where I struggled to stay upright in the wind!
Down there, amongst the boulders and trees, is where we run Wildlings here. A lovely place for children to explore, climb and get muddy!
With fine views too.
And before all this, I got in my daily al fresco cuppa in the garden around 8:15 this morning!
How was your day?

Amazing photos
ReplyDeleteSuch unbelievably beautiful views!!! I loved seeing that smooth water seemingly teetering on the edge!!
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful up there. I know those trees beneath the Roaches - great place to play!
ReplyDelete