Make room for nature every June with The Wildlife Trust's 30 Days Wild, no matter where you are or how busy your life! Complete A Random Act of Wildness every day for the month... anything that you can do in an average working day to bring a little nature into your life. Find inspiration at http://mywildlife.org.uk/30DaysWild/
Saturday, 16 June 2018
Day 13 - Wildlife Garden planning
Wednesday 13th June
Not so wild today. I did spend a little time in the garden again this afternoon, but didn't find any interesting insects or anything. The wildest thing I've done today is to start making a proper garden plan. A first draft which will probably change several times throughout implementation, but it's a start on considering where to have my pond, compost heap, a couple of fruit trees and some wild flowers and so on.
I sat at the dining table, looking out on the garden (one whole wall is patio doors) and enjoying the scent from Greek basil on the table whilst I sketched out a rough idea.
(Excuse the untidy wine stash, I haven't yet found a suitable wine rack!)
On this day last I watched bees visiting foxgloves on my way to work. In 2016 I was on an all day training course and enjoy the wildflowers around the training centre. In 2015, I went underground, visiting a cave and then back in daylight, walked along The Serpentine walk (which featured here again last week!).
Labels:
garden
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's nice planning a garden :)
ReplyDelete