Pages

Tuesday, 12 June 2018

Day 10 - Checking in on the Pond

I've been absent for several days due to the internet going down here on Saturday. Today, it finally got fixed and I'm back online again, so I can start catching up;
 
Sunday 10th June: 

Another busy day, lots to do and very little time to play outdoors but I had to pick up some parcels which had been delivered to Ma & Pa's house so took the opportunity to check in on the pond. I though the tadpoles might be starting to look froggy but they're not yet.  I spent a while watching the varied pond life, including pond skaters, water boatmen, tadpoles and a diving beetle.




I also noticed that the old bee house, which I put up a few years ago on the garage, is just about full for the first time ever!




This time last year I made some bird food and caught up on some wild reading, while the year before I was enjoying Snowdonia's scenery as I travelled to Anglesey for an over night stay. In 2015 on day 10, I visited the local peregrine nest to see how the chicks were doing.


4 comments:

  1. Love the bee house. No one has checked into ours at present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may sound like a daft question but does all the holes being blocked up there is a bee in each one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for installing the bee house. This is a very simple device, easy to make in fact, yet it really provides important breeding space. Imagine if every house in a subdivision installed one or two. It would make a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a lot of baby bees. Mine's only got a couple of holes filled.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...