Pages

Thursday, 21 June 2018

Day 21 - Sunset and some Mint Tea

Today was another busy one... this whole week has been very busy in fact. School life is worse than usual at the moment and I've been extra busy at home this week too, which is getting me down. I though once I moved house life would get back on track and I'd have loads of time for 30 Days Wild but things just keep coming up at the moment and I feel like I'm always working through to do lists and trying to catch up with everything.

It was an orange glow in the study this evening that alerted me to the fact that, beyond checking if the little caterpillar was still on the laurel this afternoon...


I'd not done anything for 30 Days Wild yet today. At 9:30 the sun was just about to disappear here, on the Solstice.



I was really out of time and short on ideas (and I still had things to do) so I went into the garden and found the vapourer had apparently had enough of the laurel and was on the move.


I picked some mint leaves and made myself some mint tea.



And that was as wild as it got for me. How was your Day 21?


On this day last year I sat on the swing seat sampling silver birch wine. The year before I lifted logs in the garden in search of insects and in 2015 I was seabird cruising around Bempton Cliffs.


2 comments:

  1. Last year we raised Monarchs indoors. This year so far we have Giant Swallowtail and Black Swallowtail. Should start to get interesting pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sunset, ours was just blue sky until dusk arrived.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...