It has been so hot and humid today and sunny all day again, I'm hoping for rain soon, there have been a couple of showers this evening but nothing lasting. Not getting home until 8pm gave me little time for 30 Days Wild so I decided the solstice was the day to crack open the silver birch wine. I bought this just over two years ago at Lincoln Castle. I had planned to drink it last June in the garden of a little house in the country I was buying this time last year but that didn't happen and the sale fell through in August when I pulled out after six months of hassle! I was going to toast my new garden with it at some point but I decided today was as good a day as any for it.
I sat on the swing seat in the garden (now in the right place), sipping silver birch wine and listening to the bird song.
I noticed the bird's foot trefoil is appearing further up the garden this year, amongst the black medick.
And a bit of red clover too. Most of the clover in the garden is white so I like to spot the red ones.
A look back...
Day 21 last year was spent in the garden looking under logs for bugs.
| flat backed millipede |
In 2015 I was at Bempton Cliffs, seabird cruising.

Was the wine nice? Must look out for it :)
ReplyDeleteYes was nice enough... not a very strong flavour. I drank it (not the whole bottle!) and would drink it again but probably wouldn't buy another bottle, it was just a bit bland really.
DeleteLovely way to end a long day! I love the flowers in the lawn.
ReplyDelete