Pages

Saturday, 3 June 2017

Day 2 - Ness Gardens

On Day Two I had to go an meet family I'd not seen for three years at Ness Botanic Gardens in Cheshire. Definitely not the way I'd have spent my day given a choice, but it's done now!




It rained all afternoon but I didn't mind that. I quite liked Ness Gardens from what I saw. Due to going with other people, I wasn't free to explore as I would have done otherwise and there were lots of things I missed. We didn't spend long enough in the more wild parts of the garden and I didn't take many photos either...











some eggs I spotted on a perennial cornflower


After visiting the garden we had a wander along Parkgate and spotted various birds.



I'd left the house at 10:30am and got home at 10:30pm! It's a couple of hours drive to that area and I dislike the Wirral, so it wasn't the best of days but the nature was all very nice of course! I felt in need of a good, refreshing cider when I got home and just managed to squeeze in today's outdoor drink!

 

I had a wander around the garden, listening to a tawny owl calling.  A drink outdoors each day for 30 Days Wild is an idea from Hot Tea on a Hot Day, which I am joining in with!

What did you do on day two?


A look back...

On Day 2 last year I checked on the tadpoles in the garden pond as I followed their development from spawn to frogs with weekly photographs.



Day 2 in 2015 was really windy. I hate windy days but I went up high and embraced it on the rocks where I grew up!










1 comment:

  1. The raindrop picture is beautiful. And the eggs on the cornflower is so so cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...