Pages

Wednesday, 7 June 2017

Day 7 - A pause for a drink outdoors

Wednesday is my long day at work day and I had a really early start this morning (had to leave the house at 7:30am!) to get to a 9am hospital appointment...


...I knew I'd be lacking in time and energy this evening so I took an opportunity whilst still at the hospital. I really had to go straight to school after my appointment as I'd had some time off for it, but I was out of the hospital earlier than expected so I bought a hot chocolate from the cafe and took it outside for a quick break and my drink outdoors before school.


I had a wander around outside the main entrance and chose the bench that overlooked the most wildflowers.


I sat and listened to the sound of the wind rustling the leaves around me and watched the trees sway.


When I'd finished my hot chocolate, I had a closer look at a few of the flowers...





I don't know what those red flowers are above. Off the top of my head, I think those below (at the side of a path as I walked back to my car) are meadow vetchling. Correct me if I'm wrong!



Not a very wild activity I know but then on the other hand, isn't this what 30 Days Wild is all about?! Were it not for 30 Days Wild, I have walked out of the doors and gone straight to work without stopping for a closer look or sitting with a drink, I allowed myself those ten minutes for a quick outdoor tea break only because I signed up for 30 Days Wild again this year.

At home this evening, I watched the garden birds (lots of sparrows with their babies) and a pheasant in the neighbouring fields...




A look back...


On day 7 last year I, strangely, also had a hospital appointment (this was a follow up for the same thing, just checking things are still ok!). It was a different hospital and I searched for flowers in a nearby park.


On this day two years ago, I was doing Wildplay with Staffordshire Wildlife Trust... bug hunting, pond dipping



3 comments:

  1. The red flowers look like geum. We're really enjoying all the sparrows in the garden at the moment, so cute and entertaining. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still catching up with your blog... :-D

    The red flowered plant is a potentilla (cinquefoil), closely related to geum but with more strawberry like leaves. That one looks like potentilla atrosanguinea - Himalayan Cinquefoil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think Geum looked quite right after reading Julie's comment. Thanks for identifying it properly :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...