Pages

Tuesday, 13 June 2017

Day 13 - Watching bees


Today I spent a few minutes watching bees visiting foxgloves before work. 






I also put out some of the bird food I made on Sunday and had a juvenile starling visit the feeder. Until a couple of years ago, I'd never seen starlings locally but now they visit the garden each spring in very small numbers.


This evening I had a cup of tea amongst the bees, sitting between the pond and the trefoil patch.




I have a ten hour day at school to look forward too now so the daily outdoor drink may be all I manage to do for 30 Days Wild tomorrow!



A look back... 

Last year, I was in Stafford on a training course for the day which meant a long day with travelling. Luckily, the venue was surrounded by wildflowers!



And the year before I went underground in a favourite cavern and then walked amongst flowers afterwards.









2 comments:

  1. It's odd to read that you don't get Starlings very much, they are a constant visitor to the garden here! I love your mug by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have up to 20 starlings visit each morning as soon as the nibbles go out on the feeders. I love to watch the bees going right up into the foxglove flowers:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...