This afternoon, I filled up most of the bird feeders in the garden and then made a big batch of bird food as I had loads still in my winter stash to use up. I didn't take any photos of that. The food I've made I will put out over the next few days.
There were lots of bees visiting the trefoil patch and the pond side flowers today.
I spent an hour this evening catching up on a bit of reading. The DWT magazine arrived ages ago and I've finally got around to reading it! The book I am reading throughout the year - today I read the June and July chapter.
I also had my outdoor drink in the garden earlier today (lemony water with added raindrops!) and watched a few birds.
A look back...
On this day in 2016 it was also rainy... I drove to Anglesey after school for a wild weekend!
The year before I visited the peregrine chicks on the rocks which featured in my post for yesterday. A new pair of birds claimed the territory and bred last year but this year their attempt wasn't successful so there aren't any chicks there this year (or they'd have featured yesterday!).

The birds in our garden are eating seed like there's no tomorrow at the moment but we do love watching them. It's been so windy again today too :(
ReplyDelete