Pages

Saturday, 17 June 2017

Day 16 - Swifts and Sheds


Not a very wild day at all today as it was so busy!



I was busy all day then, when I got home from school, I did some cleaning at home and then Pa and I went to my house to do a couple of little jobs which included emptying the shed and moving it (I'm getting rid of it). I didn't get home until about 7:30 this evening!



I found lots of insects under and around the shed which was about the wildest moment in my day! I also watched the swifts over the garden. I don't see many swifts over the house I live in at the moment - I hear/see them sometimes but when I've been at my own house I've heard and seen loads of them each time! There are lots of house martins too, another bird I don't see so many of where I live now. I expect it's because there are fewer houses around my current home and a lot more - so more eaves - where I'm going to be living soon.


I also made a second insect watering hole, one for my own garden, and took that to the house too.


Back home after a long day, I felt in need of a bit of junk food - Fentimans cola and a muffin in the garden for today's outdoor drink.


A busy weekend ahead now but tomorrow is going to be a good, wild day - and I'm going beyond gardens for a change!



A look back... 

Last year, day 16 was Tadpole Thursday! I was following the development from frog spawn to frogs in the garden, taking weekly photos of the tadpoles.


The year before that, my new camera arrived on day 16 so I took it for a 'test drive' on the moorlands at Home.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...