Pages

Tuesday, 20 June 2017

Day 19 - Garden Finds



I had to get to my house for 8:30 to meet the window fitters this morning! I had two thirds of my new windows fitted today :) The previous windows were only fitted a few years ago but I didn't like them, didn't think they were particularly good quality and I thought they looked a bit shabby... the new windows are far superior and I'm so pleased I had them replaced. (I did pay extra for a better quality finish but it was worth it). Anyway, back to 30 Days Wild...

I'd gone to Waitrose to get brew supplies and lemonade for the window men and got myself a cup of tea too. Then I went to my house and sat in the garden to drink it - that was today's outdoor drink.


I sat by the patio doors and watched the swifts and house martins - still a novelty!


I also filled my insect watering hole - I slightly over filled it as it was so hot I knew the water would soon evaporate.


I left the men to work all day and then, after school, went back to the house and loitered until they finished work for the day - the said they'd be done by 5 o'clock but they didn't finish until 6pm. Whilst waiting, I decided to have a wander in the garden and see the different grasses that had grown in the garden and see if I could find anything else interesting...


It looks like the hydrangeas are going to be white ones.





I thought that pink and yellow flower (I found it fallen, amongst the grasses) was some kind of fuschia, but I've just googled fuschia and now I don't think it is. What ever it is, the shrub is going in my garden waste bin after the summer (I'm leaving it for the insects for now) because I don't like it!





A look back... 

On Day 19 last year I walked on Gun Hill amongst cotton grass, linnets and skylarks... having just looked back at that post, I want to walk there again!


The year before I had a short walk along an old railway track...








5 comments:

  1. Lovely... Of now to make a insect watering hole :)
    Amanda 🐰🐰

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear you have the Swifts and House Martins, I never tire of watching the Swifts from my garden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I will either! Sunday evening was brilliant, they were flying low right over the garden whilst we were working and I had the best views I've ever had of swifts - literally just above my head!

      Delete
  3. Funny thing about the flower... The plant is a phygelius (a figwort, same family as buddleja) from South Africa, but the common name for it is Cape Fuchsia. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's funny! Thanks for another ID :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...