Late this afternoon, between showers, I had my outdoor drink and a wander around the garden. Some of the roses have come into flower in the last couple of days...
I drank my pint of juice (cranberry and raspberry cordial if you're interested) whilst checking out what's growing in the lawn. I noticed the first clover flowers appearing and black medick too.
When I got up this morning, the first froglet was sitting on on the pebbles in the new habitat I created yesterday. This evening, he's at the other end of the container and his tail is fast disappearing.
He's sitting behind a foil container I used to put a little square of turf in (I did that to contain the soil to keep the water cleaner and keep the grass/moss alive). I think he'll be ok without food for the rest of today as he's reabsorbing his tail and wondering if it would be sufficient to cut a stem of one the plants from around the garden pond that is covered in black aphids for him to munch on tomorrow.
If he was from my pond, I'd release him tomorrow but I'm not taking them back to school until Tuesday and the pond they're from is not local to me. I will speak to the lady who collected the spawn and see if she can do some frog releasing on Tuesday, it's possible there will be two that go back to the wild by then.
A look back...
On Day 4 last year I was looking at moths, beetles and moorlands plants...
And the year before that, it was a barefoot wander in the garden sort of day....

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)