Make room for nature every June with The Wildlife Trust's 30 Days Wild, no matter where you are or how busy your life! Complete A Random Act of Wildness every day for the month... anything that you can do in an average working day to bring a little nature into your life. Find inspiration at http://mywildlife.org.uk/30DaysWild/
Saturday, 16 June 2018
Day 14 - Roses
Thursday 14th June
My parents were out all day today and had asked me to pop in and let the dog out so I spent some time in their garden this afternoon, playing ball with the dog but also enjoying the roses (they've all flowered in the last few days), checking the pond and just sitting and relaxing on the swing seat.
There was a nice sunset this evening and these crepuscular rays caught my eye before it.
Last year I did the very same thing on day 14! In 2016 I looked at laburnum, found goosegrass as tall as me and tried to identify a sawfly I noticed in the garden. The year before, I looked at the flora and fauna around a dew pond and saw a golden plover on the way home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)