Pages

Friday, 29 June 2018

Day 29 - Cinnabar Caterpillars

Another evening where I didn't get beyond the garden. This week has been a very busy one and I've struggled with the heat. I'm not very good in hot and sunny weather, it just makes me feel ill and lethargic, so I've waited until there's some shade before heading into the garden in the evenings.

Today I found cinnabar moth caterpillars eating the ragwort, and a couple of other creatures too, then sat with a cup of green tea and a some nature based reading for a little while.










Day 29 last year brought more raindrops *sigh* - something we're in desperate need of this year. Day 29 in 2016 was also rainy, I watched the rain clouds rolling in.  In 2015 I made a journey stick and put up a bug house.






1 comment:

  1. The Cinnabar caterpillars are quite spectacular. Last year we raised Monarchs indoors and this year we have one Black Swallowtail and five Giant Swallowtails. All are just about ready to become a chrysalis, except for one Giant Swallowtail which is much smaller than the others, but growing by the day! The kids from next door come to see them and are learning a good deal about butterfly biology in the process. Fascinating stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...