Pages

Saturday, 2 June 2018

Day 2 - A rainy day in Yorkshire

Today was a day eaten up by family commitments. The reason I've been away for a few days, attending 65th wedding anniversary celebrations in the North York Moors.  I had hoped to have a bit of time before or after to get outdoors properly but between driving there and back, several hours with family and then feeling quite exhausted afterwards (people are so draining for me!), all I could manage was a wander in the drizzle around the converted chapel I've been staying in...












Oh and I did also take a moment to marvel at this avenue of lime trees. I've never seen limes so tall as these, on the Castle Howard estate, which I drove through on my way from the family gathering back to Pocklington. Its not so easy to appreciate the scale from this photo.




Day 2 last year was quite similar - a rainy day and quite by chance, a day spent with some of the same family members, but in Cheshire rather than Yorkshire. The year before that I looked in on the tadpoles in garden pond and in 2015 I went out for a walk on the rocks, on a very windy day.


Did it rain where you are today?




1 comment:

  1. It rained for us too. Wasn't meant to be wall to wall rain but it was. Think Wirral had it worse, but we managed to go for a short nature walk none the less :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...