Today has been busy. I've spent a lot of time outdoors today at school and I did manage to get in some chat with a group of boys about flowers and their importance to bees and butterflies and other creature (they were pulling the heads of the flowers so I did the old 'You've made me very sad' spiel in the hope they will think before doing it again. Anyway, it was very hot and sunny and so I came home head-achy and not feeling great.
By the time I taken Grandmother to the garden centre and hauled some large bags of compost into my car, then our of the car and into her garden, I was ready to crawl into bed, still not having done anything today for 30 Days Wild.
By 9pm the wildest I'd got was watching Springwatch and I was still tired and uninspired after that, but I had to do something for today's 30 Days Wild and so I ended up sitting in the garden watching (and hearing) swifts high overhead as the sun set. (The sunset photos were taken from indoors in my study).
It seems day 6 is always a tricky one... last year I just had 5 minutes in the garden, 2016 was no better, thought I did get out for a walk in the woods during the first year of 30 Days Wild.
How did you enjoy being outdoors today?
I managed to walk 45 minutes to work and also take Riley to a sun drenched park. It was a beautiful day!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos and I think watching Swifts is perfect for any day!
ReplyDelete