Pages

Monday, 6 June 2016

Day 6 - Red Clover



Today was not a good day for wild time. It was back to school (but an INSET day) and I was on training all day so worked a full day instead of my usual half day on Mondays. After school I did intend to spend a good amount of time outdoors but I just couldn't stand the heat. It seems the older I get, the less I can bear it! It doesn't take long for me to start to feel queasy in heat, then I get a headache and just feel generally rubbish. I did manage to find a patch of red clover (Trifolium pratense) and take a photo before I retreated home to cool down.


Later in the evening, I began negotiations regarding the 'no mow zone' - left to me, the entire bottom lawn (at least!) would be no mow, but I don't actually own the garden so I don't get to choose. I can usually negotiate a temporary area that can grow wild for a month or two and the negotiations are going well so far! 



How was your Day 6?






Last year on Day 6 I walked in an overgrown Derbyshire wood
http://louises30dayswild.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/day-6.html





3 comments:

  1. It was very hot yesterday and it got me down a bit too. We did manage a morning walk around Westport Lake before it got too hot and too crowded:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shot of the red clover here Louise, the colour is so pretty. There are some clovers just beginning to turn on the lawn now (if they can escape being mowed again!) so I'm hoping I can get some nice shots before they go. It has been swelteringly hot here too recently. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky for me I've had a few days of, potter in and out enjoying the weather. I love red clover and the shot of the curlew from day 5.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...