Pages

Saturday, 25 June 2016

Day 25 - Oystercatchers


This was the last weekend of this year's 30 Days Wild and I had hoped to make it a good one and spend lots of time outside in beautiful places, perhaps a long walk or some wildlife spotting somewhere. My feet, however, had other ideas and I've had another weekend of hobbling around, with swollen, painful feet again and feeling sorry for myself. I've had quite a few naps too which ordinarily I don't do, but I've been feeling tired again. That said, I still remain optimistic that in a couple of weeks this condition I've been suffering with will have gone away properly.

So today's time outdoors wasn't terribly exciting, I had a short walk (hobble!) to see what birds I could see on the reservoir. On one side, there's a little island that I always call the slug (I think it looks slug shaped) where a pair of oystercatchers nest each year. Sometimes there's a snipe on it too and there are usually a load of lapwings.  The pair of oystercatchers were there with two juveniles (one of the adults was having a snooze though so there are only three in the photos).





The slug


I also ate an ice lolly in the sunshine (between showers) and spotted a large skipper moth and lots of bees and hoverflies on the flowers.




How did you go wild on Day 25?





Last year on Day 25 I went on a wildflower walk with Staffordshire Wildlife Trust

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're having problems, I hope they do clear up soon!

    Even the short walk you took looks lovely. I'm always happy seeing Oystercatchers, they're such beautiful birds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos of the oystercatchers. One of these days I'll find out where the ones which fly over my garden are heading. Sorry you're still having problems and I hope you're right and it clears up quickly. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...