A long day today, I had to drive to Stafford this morning for a one day course then spend the whole day stuck inside the training centre before driving home. There were traffic problems morning and evening so I spent longer travelling than I expected today which meant both wild time and energy were in short supply!
Luckily for me, it was building with large windows and I was able to gaze outdoors at the trees and watch birds flying around and landing on branches (mainly blackbirds and magpies, but I also saw a song thrush and watched some wood pigeons mating).
To my surprise, there were some wild areas around the building so I spent about five minutes having a look around with my camera before heading home after the training finished...
I was looking out for insects but only saw two bees and a fly... it has been a damp and rainy day though.
How did you enjoy nature on Day 13?
Last year on Day 13 I went underground for some geology and then had an afternoon of flowers
http://louises30dayswild.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/day-13.html
http://louises30dayswild.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/day-13.html



I love places like this where the flowers and grasses are just left to themselves, it's so nice to see!
ReplyDeleteI always try to find a spot opposite the window ;-) beautiful flower meadow. X
ReplyDeleteThank goodness your room had windows. The flowers in the wild areas look very pretty:)
ReplyDeleteAlways nice when places like these have some wild areas and large windows! Love the ox-eye daisies there, it brings some much needed colour. Hope the training went well and sorry to hear it was mostly being stuck in traffic - not fun. - Tasha
ReplyDelete