It's half term this week which means today was Wild Wednesday! I have so much fun volunteering with Derbyshire Wildlife Trust during school holidays :)
I spent today (a grey, windy and chilly day!) at Carsington Water helping children engage with and enjoy nature!
Today we pond dipped and I allowed some children this afternoon to hold a newt before we released it back into the pond unharmed (they were so excited to hold a newt!).
| caddisfly larva |
We also made rush boats...
Peg butterflies...
and Blobsters! (As seen here before in > this post < )
As well as a pond dipping and the above crafts, we also made animal masks, hunted for insects (and found lots!), had an animal tracks mystery trail to solve and a wild play trail with various 30 Days Wild style activities families could try as they found each one, simple things like looking for a shape in the clouds.
It's always good to see some regular customers coming back to every Wild Wednesday and to see new families having a great time in the outdoor classroom!
For more Wild Wednesdays, click on the 'Wild Wednesday' label at the bottom of this post.
Last year on Day 1 I went for a walk in the woods in the rain




Love the rush boats and now wondering if I can find any around here to make one! The wild days always look such great fun. Thanks for the lovely comments about the journal quilt. You're right it never made an appearance on the blog partly as I made it months later! It's one of my favourites though. X
ReplyDelete