Pages

Sunday, 19 June 2016

Day 19 - On Gun Hill


A short walk on Gun Hill. The weather was just grey again, quite uninspiring but this is a moorland where cotton grass grows and skylarks sing.

I couldn't walk far, just across to the trig point and back but it was pleasant. This was a loud walk with so many skylarks singing and flying around! I also saw a few meadow pipits and a pair of linnets and of course, a kestrel hovering overhead. I don't go to many places around here without seeing a kestrel or three!

A lovely wild verge with red clover, yellow rattle and plenty of other flowers.



Jodrell Bank is visible through the grey in the centre here, pointing straight up.

skylark on a silver birch


kestrel





A view towards the rocks just above my childhood Home.




linnets






How did you enjoy being outdoors on Day 19?







Last year on Day 10 I walked along an old railway track spotting flowers and a longhorn moth
http://louises30dayswild.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/day-19.html







3 comments:

  1. I so look forward to your cotton grass photos every summer - they're so beautiful. Sorry to hear you're still suffering so much and really hoping it gets sorted soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a skylark. Even though the weather was drab, the countryside is still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that final shot of the fly, the colours on it's body are lovely and iridescent! Great shot of the skylark too, this walk sounds lovely even if the skies were on the grey side. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...