Pages

Sunday, 26 June 2016

Day 26 - A Devil's coach horse


Tthe last weekend of this year's 30 Days Wild and I had hoped to make it a good one and spend lots of time outside in beautiful places, perhaps a long walk or some wildlife spotting somewhere. My feet, however, had other ideas and I've had another weekend of hobbling around, with swollen, painful feet again and feeling sorry for myself. I've had quite a few naps too which ordinarily I don't do, but I've been feeling tired again. That said, I still remain optimistic that in a couple of weeks this condition I've been suffering with will have gone away properly.

 Today's wild was a very simple thing. There was a Devil's coach horse in the kitchen this morning. I had a close look at it in a bug pot before taking it outside and releasing it between hedge and drystone wall so it could choose a place to shelter. A speedy little creature, it was hard getting a clear photo!







How did you enjoy nature on Day 26?






Last year on Day 26, I spent time bug hunting in the garden. 






2 comments:

  1. I always find it amazing that they can actually fly, given the size of the beetle compared to their tiny wing casings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...