Stopping in the pouring rain after school after I noticed some bright, new chicken of the woods fungus on an oak tree.
I also spent time watching some of the baby birds in the garden. At this time of year, there's always a crow family with a couple of young ones and loads of sparrow babies!
What did you do on Day 17?
Last year on Day 17 I went on a wildflower walk with Derbyshire Wildlife Trust and found cave spiders - http://louises30dayswild.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/day-17.html



I spotted the same fungi on a tree in the park, Oak tree. Glad you have named it.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a lovely weekend.
Amanda xx
I love the name of the fungi! For our day 17 we found two newts that had been washed out of the pond in the surge of rainwater and they had hidden in the gravel which had been spread across the lawn. We were able to warm them up and get them back to the pond:)
ReplyDeleteThat is SUCH a cool name and they look so weird and funky (even if they are disgusting fungus!) they look like someone has stuffed Chicken-flavour McCoys crisps in a hole!
ReplyDeleteI wish I'd had time to get out into the woods to spot any kind of fungus! Time has been very short this week so most of my 30DW has involved just checking on the grebe - still on the nest! X
ReplyDelete