Pages

Saturday, 4 June 2016

Day 4 - Moorland Moths


 Sadly, another busy day with people to see and places to be again but later in the afternoon I squeezed in a walk on the moorlands above Home...



There were absolutely loads of these moths, all over the heather and bilberry plants...


I think they're Adela cuprella, above and below, both female.


I watched a little moth fly down and get caught by this spider...


A male common heath moth...


I found this caterpillar on some heather but it was dead. I haven't identified it. 



I think this moth is a male Adela cuprella



This was a walk filled with the sounds of skylarks and curlews :)




Mountain pansies grow up here, purple and yellow ones.  This moorland is also home to crowberry, cowberry, globe flowers, water avens, bog asphodel, marsh violet and moonwort.


I did a bit of cow pat digging to see if I could find some beetles. There were lots, mostly too quick for the camera before they dived back in and hid! 


After I moved on, I saw this one in the grass







How did you enjoy being outdoors on Day 4?






Last year on Day 4 I was enjoying grass beneath my bare feet








4 comments:

  1. I love these shots of the moths - beautiful! The views across the moors are just beautiful. I spent today in the garden again taking photos of the orange poppies that have sprung up overnight. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. We drove over the Northumberland moors yesterday - stunning scenery. Loved the wild pansies and you digging in muck! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place to live, lovely and wild :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, the beetle is cool! I was so pleased to see one similar on my first day of 30days wild, not posted yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...