Tadpole Thursday again :)
I've been following the development of the tadpoles in the garden pond since the spawn was laid early in April. Here's a collection of some of the weekly photos...
and below are the tadpoles this morning. As you will see, they're at differing stages. There are some with frog shaped faces and front legs now, some with well developed back legs, froggy faces but no front legs yet and some that are still fat and round with just the tiniest rear legs beginning to grow...
Flag iris has also flowered in the pond this week.
As always, the tadpoles were carefully caught and only kept in the pint glass (or on my hand!) for a couple of minutes before they were safely returned to the pond.
How did you enjoy nature on Day 16?
Last year on Day 16 I took a new camera out for a play




Oh my goodness, they are SO cute! I adore them and how froggy they look now!x
ReplyDeleteThey're really coming along now, very much frog like!
ReplyDelete