Pages

Thursday, 30 June 2016

Day 30 - A barefoot wander in the garden

The final day of 30 Days Wild 2016! 

For me, this is actually Day 396 as I turned 30 Days Wild last year in to a whole year wild and, as much as I've loved doing it, I'm glad it's over now and am very ready for a break from having to do something outdoors everyday!


I had another busy day today so spent my time outdoors in the garden after school having a barefoot walk and seeing what I could find!  (Sorry, my feet are all puffy with red patches in the photo - still swollen, still painful!)


There are lots of tiny mushrooms amongst the grass at the moment.


The red campion has gone to seed now...


As these flowers are just opening


The no mow areas are getting slowly wilder.

I wonder which bird dropped this?
 

I sat amongst a clover patch for five or ten minutes and watched a variety of bees visiting the flowers...


Then realised (when a bee buzzed past me and went in) that there's a nest here...


With bees coming and going...




How did you enjoy nature on this last day of 30 Days Wild? 
Or are you carrying on?!





Last year on Day 30 I read in the garden, made a bee watering hole in the garden and watched the sunset whilst reading on the moorland. After sunset, I tested a new camera on the moon and photographed the conjunction of Venus and Jupiter.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making it through 396 days - it's a fantastic achievement. I've been in awe at how you've kept it going and always finding something to say. Definitely time for a rest and maybe a bottle of craft cider? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll save the cider for a bit, got a few more busy days ahead before I can have a rest!

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...