I couldn't face going outdoors until after 5pm as I don't like the hot weather. I didn't feel great indoors so baking in the hot sunshine outdoors was not appealing! When I did go outside this evening, it was completely without a plan (as is often the case!)
I spent some time watching the skylarks on the moors and listening to their songs (I didn't manage to get a photo of any though)
I watched curlews in the fields and a few crows and gulls too...
and enjoyed the scent of freshly cut grass. There have been tractors out in force this weekend, they were working around me here, lots of tractors in the surrounding fields.
Then I did some apple appreciation in the garden ;)
Before having a look in the pond (as always!)
Plenty of tadpoles out near the surface and all over the pond this evening. That orange thing in the middle is the reflection of a microlight passing over.
As I sat drinking my cider further up the garden I had noticed some new poppies had appeared by the pond and discovered they're ladybird poppies when I went to look closer.
I watched a kestrel hunting over the fields for a few minutes too before heading back indoors.
Last year on Day 5 I explored a park in town that I hadn't been near for years!



Love the ladybird poppies. We saw lots of beautiful,flowers in Alnwick garden yesterday though my favourite view was looking down the aln valley - glorious scenery. Nature does it far better than we can. X
ReplyDeleteOh gosh it was warm yesterday wasn't it? I didn't go very wild at all, just a bit of bird watching. How wonderful to see the Curlew and the poppies in your garden are very pretty:)
ReplyDeleteThe poppies are gorgeous, how lovely to get them in the garden!
ReplyDeleteApple appreciation... love it! :) Also, how strange is that poppy? Beautiful!
ReplyDelete