Pages

Sunday, 17 June 2018

Day 17 - Foxgloves

I didn't really get outside - too busy ticking jobs off a to do list indoors, then I went to do a food shop and decided to take the scenic route home and see if there were any curlews around, or anything else really!

It has been quite a chilly day (at least compared to recent weeks) and grey and drizzly too so there wasn't a lot to see. I looked for insects but didn't find anything more than cuckoo spits and I didn't spot any curlews.

The foxgloves added a splash of colour though.





I remembered that just after the first 30 Days Wild (when I was mad enough to carry on and do a whole 365 Days Wild!), I wrote a post all about Foxglove Folklore which made interesting reading three years on when I've forgotten most it!




On this day last year I was at 30 Days Wild Forest School with Derbyshire Wildlife Trust, then ran a pond dipping party afterwards.  In 2016 I found some chicken of the woods fungus and in 2015 I was went on a guided wildflower walk in Deep Dale and found some cave spiders.




1 comment:

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...