Travelling home day :)
I made a spur of the moment decision to head home via RSPB Old Moor. I didn't last long once I arrived, only an hour, because it was too hot and sunny for my liking and I was also quite keen to get home too.
I spent more time looking for bugs than birds (which is not unusual!) and saw a a few different dragonflies including a broad bodied chaser and a four spotted chaser (pictured below). There hundreds of alder leaf beetles, everywhere I walked I passed them. I also saw a variety of other insects including damselflies, blue butterflies, various moths, cardinal beetles, soldier beetles. There were plenty of wildflowers too including orchids (also allowed to grow in nearby road verges, where grass cutting is suspended to let the flowers grow), burnet, daisies, buttercups, ragged robin, grasses, dog rose... there's always plenty to see :)
Last year's day 3 was enjoying the cotton grass on the moors. On this day in 2016 I just spent a little time in the garden and in 2015 I read in the garden, surrounded by birdsong and flowers.
What did you do for Day 3?


I made elderflower champagne, well began the process. Hope it's successful this year :)
ReplyDelete