Today, I chose to wander into town along a path I always enjoy walking along, rather than parking closer to or in the town centre.
I walked along the Serpentine, alongside the River Wye as it flows down from the hills and through the park in Buxton.
This is something I should do more often. It was lovely to wander along, not in any particular hurry, stopping to look at flowers and birds and bugs. Pleasant time away from the to do lists and chores, time to reflect and day dream.
Last year, Day 5 wasn't very wild, just a few minutes in the garden in the rain. In 2016 I watched curlews on the moors and spent some time in the garden in the evening. The year before that, I explored a park I hadn't visited for years.
Beautiful photos:)
ReplyDeleteWhoa those red flowers with the purple insides are so perfect they almost look unreal. Do you know what they are?
ReplyDeleteThey are fuschias - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuchsia
DeleteLooks a lovely walk. I love ragged robins but havent actually seen one in years! Must hunt some out. X
ReplyDelete